“App.”, and “Platform” – do these words ring any bells? These are “tools” of social media. Social
media tools are are digital online community hub, running on code, packaged up
as a programme. We’ve all heard of Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. Facebook https://www.facebook.com)
is like an online hub where people can choose who to connect with, then follow
that person’s bill-boarding, read each other’s comments, communicate via
messaging and share photos. Instagram (https://www.instagram.com)
is another place for photo sharing.
YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/) is a
popular go-to service for accessing video content.
There are social media tools for all kinds of things, from different
industry jobs, to general career and occupational connecting tools (e.g., https://au.linkedin.com/) and leisure. Social
media tools extend to such handy tools as “Bitly” (https://bitly.com)
which not only shortens web addresses but can integrate previously segmented company
data, analyse customer data, watch customer flow and organise web links as a
resources tool. Academics, marketing organisations and businesses might like
using it.
And did you know your Dropbox account (https://www.dropbox.com) was considered a
social media tool? – Well, I didn’t until I researched social media tools. Of
course! – my aunt shared her photos with me by sending me a link to her Dropbox
account so that I could look at the family reunion pictures.
Companies and organisations use social media management
tools that can tell them just how many people are following their social media,
and webpages and how many are liking their page. Some of these tools can even
make social media posts for the company, saving a lot of time!
I’ll bet there are already social media tools out there that
manage the social media tools, that manage social media tools. Have I sent you
far enough down the bot-warren yet?
No comments:
Post a Comment